Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pressed Tin Wall Paper Decorating

Webinars are now over for the month of June! Thank you everyone who sent us such great comments on how much they had learned and how much fun they had! We had fun also and explaining the download projects - 'Double the Luv' double-sided quilt and 'Cool Machine Disguise' (sewing machine cover) reminded me of how much Robbie and I enjoyed making these projects, so we hope you do too!! If you missed the webinar here is the link: http://jennyhaskins.com/wordpress/?post_type=videogallery&p=4414 you can view it on our website.

Now to my exciting new project. I just discovered 'Faux' Pressed Tin. It is actually a wall paper, that just looks like pressed tin - which I just love. And to prove we all assume no matter how much experience we have, my wall paper guy - who is just so nice by the way, was having problems and just came and told me that he he was putting the paste on the wall, and when he read the instructions it said - paste the paper. Just goes to show the old adage is true -'If all else fails read the directions' never assume, which I have been guilty of so many times. I have to admit that I have been guilty of this so many times and have paid the price, done a lot of unpicking in my day, not only on my own work, but on many a students as well. I have even stayed up all night fixing up a students project!!


These pictures - different exposures shows you the look. At present I am going to paint it - yes you have to paint this wall paper with several coats - well the color is China White, this is the color of my shutters. This is a work in progress so we will see where it leads! I do want to do a little 'Scumble and Wipe' but not sure how it will look, so will do some experimenting.

I am reminded of what I used to say in class, 'There is no such thing as a mistake, only a new creative opportunity' hence the name of my company - Unique Creative Opportunities.

So this wall paper is certainly that!

Off to Dinner and the Movies, so till next time when I will update you.

No comments:

Post a Comment