Monday, March 10, 2014

Simon's Applique Magic II

I am not exactly sure when Simon started this quilt, but it was before his Leukaemia Diagnosis. I know he had been working on Simon's Applique Magic II from early 2013, so it has taken a year for it to be completed.

Early this year he brought around the blocks and asked me to piece them - I laid them out, but used some he did not want me to use, so I had to start again. The blocks have sat in block row piles on my spare bed for over a month and on Friday last I decided to piece this quilt as a surprise for Simon. The piecing, including the tape (on both sides of the quilt) to me around 3 1/2 hours. I did not bind the quilt until Saturday, (had to rush to finish it as I wanted to give it to Simon at his third birthday celebration!



So here is Simon with his next master piece, another double-sided quilt with the reverse applique raw fabric edges this time covered with glorious decorative small satin stitched balls. SAM II is simply beautiful, all the quilting is done in the hoop, there are block built-in stitch cutting lines and it is pieced using the now famous 'Jenny Join'. This means once the quilt is pieced, it is quilted and finished! Saves so much time and money, two quilts in one!!

Don't forget our webinar is this week, where you can catch up on what we have been doing over the past 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment