Wednesday, July 27, 2011

'It's my party and I will cry if I want to! More Academy pics and Sandy's Orient Express!

Well today is my birthday - thank you to everyone who sent me wishes for a happy day - by the way the words in the title of the blog, are from a song I remembered as a teenager - see first memories in last memories out - not sure if that is good or bad. Yes I can remember what I had for breakfast and what I did yesterday and am practising counting backwards from 100 by sevens - to help us all out here it is: 100, 93, 86, 79, 72, 65, 58, 51, 44, 37, 30, 23, 16, 9, 2 well I did it in my head but just checked it with the calculator - guess what got them all right! Also know that Julia Gillard is the Prime Minister of Australia - now what does that say about our glorious country?

Question: What would you attempt if you knew you had no chance of failure? Answer: Make my first quilt - Sandy's Oriental Express quilt!

Below is a picture of our next Special Edition design CD - Sandy's Oriental Express - Sandy is my friend and she came to my studio once a week for a year - she travels so it was not 52 days, however this is her first quilt and she loved making it and said it was so easy. A great quilt for anyone who has never made a quilt before! All the embroidered applique uses my Embroidered Decoupage (r) technique and so there is no chance of not having a perfectly wonderful quilt!



This Special Edition will be released in August - stay tuned for your email blast!!! Retail price $50 plus tax.

Academy News:


Well Elaine has done it again with two more projects finished for the Academy - she is just so excited. This was her amazing start, she is now off to NZ for a holiday and then into hospital for knee surgery - have a great holiday my sweet friend and all the best for the surgery - I know you will be taking your sewing machine into hospital with you if you have your way! By the way Elaine, Heidi is close on your heals - she has finished three projects as of today - and she wants to start teaching in October - way to go Heidi.

BASKET FULL OF POSIES PILLOW









DOUBLE SIDED NAPKIN PILLOW

Am off now to finish editing and then out for dinner - I trust everyone born in July will make a choice to have a fabulous life. Happy Birthday to us.


Jenny (one year closer to my use by date!)







1 comment: