Thursday, October 29, 2009

Faux Knitting Coat




After my friends had viewed Rita's video on the above coat I had lots of requests for a photo - well here it is. This coat will be featured in my up coming book When Dreams Flower -which again I am taking time out to write my blog. We love this coat and Robbie and I had so much fun designs and making it. We are very proud of it actually, as we designed the pattern and all. The Faux Knitting fabric is created using Dissolve Magic Sticky and a basic sewing machine -amazing and such fun to make. It takes a lot less yarn than knitting, not hard on your hands and looks like expensive fabric when finished. You will just love creating your own fabric.


The embroidery is from Lottie's Poppies design CD and is of course embroidered with my wonderful rayon embroidery threads. The embroidery technique is called Padded/Trapuntoed Embroidered Decoupage as the embroidery is freestanding and has a layer of Quilt Magic (which is back in stock by the way) and a layer of Quilt Magic Plus just released double sided fusible batting - simply scrumptious and amazing to work with. Well enough of the coat - how do you like the Shoes? Aren't they the best. I am going to wear them to the Melbourne Cup lunch on Tuesday! Will have to get a photo for you all to see - if Simon remembers to book a restaurant!

CE 25, which is due out for Christmas, is running a little late - sorry, but it should be here late next week or early the week after - remember all good things are worth waiting for you will just love it.
Well that is it for day - feel like Julie (in Julie and Julia) please notice we have not heard from Catherine yet - but we live in hope!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny m
    build everything in its art, is beautiful,
    hot greetings ,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny
    After seeing the coat I look forward to reading 'When Dreams Flower'. The cussion on the cover of CE25 looks gorgeous. I love the colours.
    Lorelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, coat of knitting is beautiful, its applications-applique and more..., your inspiration and design, I love, I wish you a nice weekend,

    many hugz...., Wanda

    ReplyDelete